If you are looking for a last-minute flight this month or next, you can use promo code SAVE50 to save 50% on round-trip flights with ultra-low-cost carrier Frontier Airlines.
This discount is applicable to base fares for round-trip flights only and does not include savings on taxes, fees or any extras (including seat selection and baggage), and is not applicable for Y, B and H fares. Discount requires a seven-day advance purchase.
Routes: Select routes across the Frontier network.
How to book: Directly with the airline by using promo code SAVE50.
Travel dates: By May 24.
Book by: 11:59 p.m. EDT April 6.
Blackout dates: Only valid for nonstop and connecting travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays; certain routes excluded.
This sale is valid for most routes within the Frontier network, applicable to the base fare only and excludes all taxes and fees.
As you can see from the above example, 50% savings were applied to the airfare itself, but you’ll still be charged nearly $150 in taxes and fees.
Remember that the reflected fare prices are for only the fare itself, so factor in an extra $60 to $65 to bring a full-size carry-on bag and an additional $55 to $60 to add a checked bag to your reservation at the time of booking.
Frontier charges extra for anything more than a personal item that can fit under the seat in front of you. Read more about Frontier baggage fees here.
For context, you could book a nonstop flight for those same days from MDW to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) on Southwest Airlines for $158. A cheaper, nonstop flight might be worth the extra 45-minute drive from FLL to Miami.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar on travel.
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year.
- Citi Premier® Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar on airfare.
Though this is an opportunity to save money on a base Frontier fare, you might find a cheaper all-inclusive fare type on other airlines, depending on the route.